How to Send an SMS Notification Using Mitto and IntegromatIntegromat is the glue that will connect Mitto SMS to Weather. Mitto SMS will allow you to send text messages to the numbers you provide. Weather is a free app […]
Integromat is the glue that will connect Mitto SMS to Weather. Mitto SMS will allow you to send text messages to the numbers you provide. Weather is a free app that tells you what weather is happening anywhere in the world you specify.
Integromat is an intuitive tool that lets you connect your favorite applications together without needing to code. For example, say you wanted to know every time you received a new order to your e-commerce shop. You could arrange WooCommerce to send you an SMS every time a new order arrived. In Integromat, to do this you’d build a scenario where WooCommerce receiving a new order is a trigger event. Whenever that trigger event happens, it ‘triggers’ an SMS being sent to you notifying you about the new order. Creating this integration with a developer might take a little while, but with Integromat, it’s simple. Without coding, you can choose WooCommerce from Integromat’s list of integrations and connect it to Mitto SMS in a scenario.
For fun, let’s create a simple scenario using Integromat, Mitto SMS, and Weather. Integromat is the glue that will connect Mitto SMS to Weather. Mitto SMS will allow you to send text messages to the numbers you provide. Weather is a free app that tells you what weather is happening anywhere in the world you specify.
For this project you must have –
* An account with Mitto and your API key for the SMS API. Contact Mitto here for your account Integromat
* An account with Integromat. Sign up here – https://www.integromat.com/
You can add a paid account for Weather if you like, but this app has a free version you can use for this example without a sign up.
What to Do:
1. Go to integromat.com and log in with your new account. You should see the My Lab screen open on the Dashboard tab.
2. Click + Create a new scenario. The What services do you want to integrate screen opens.
3. Use the search bar to choose what services you want to integrate. You can choose as many services as you like, but be aware you will need appropriate credentials for each service you choose for your integration. For our example, we’re just going to use Mitto SMS. In the search bar, type Mitto. As you type, the integrations will narrow down to Mitto SMS.
4. Click Mitto SMS. To show you’ve selected it, the icon will show a white circle around it, with a checkmark.
5. In the upper right corner, click Continue. If it’s your first time creating a scenario, Integromat starts to walk you through a Weather app to email integration. You will see a guide telling you what to choose for the current weather for a selected city. For I want to enter a location by, choose cities. For City, enter the city you want to receive a weather notification for.
6. Click OK.
7. On your first scenario, you’ll see dots and a wrench icon leading to a question mark icon. The integration you selected, Mitto SMS, appears in a panel of choices along with a search bar. Integromat prompts you to look for the email app, but for our example, click Mitto SMS.
8. Click the Mitto SMS icon that appears next to the Weather icon. It opens a Mitto SMS panel for you to add a connection with. In the Connection field, click Add. The Create a connection panel opens.
9. For Connection name, add a name for the connection, or use the default ‘My Mitto SMS connection.’
10. For API Key, paste your Mitto SMS API key into the box. Click Continue. You’ll see two fields – From and To.
11. In the From field, it says Integromat. You can leave this as-is.
12. In the To field, enter your phone number, or the phone number you want a text message sent to.
13. In the Text field, click to write. It opens the Weather 1 – get current weather panel. This panel shows a variety of types of weather information you can send. Choose whatever options you like. Each option you click will appear in the text field with a label. The label indicates the type of data you will populate the text with. For example, if you choose Temperature, you will receive the temperature in the text message. However, it will not be specified as being the temperature, it’s just the data. If you want to make it clear to the reader that what they’re seeing is the temperature, add something in the text message by typing. For example, you can put ‘Temperature: ‘ with a space after it. Then add the Temperature tag. When it comes through as a text, it will say ‘Temperature: 15.6.’ If you don’t add the text in front, the text would simply say ’15.6.’ Create a text message where you type ‘Temperature: ‘ and then add the Temperature tag. Then ‘Status: ‘ and add the Status tag. Finally, ‘Description: ‘ and then the Description tag.
14. Click OK. You’re now ready to run your scenario!
15. In the lower left corner of the screen, click Run Once. If all goes well, you’ll receive a text message with the weather details you added. If you want to change the text message contents, just click on the Mitto SMS icon again, and rewrite your text.
16. If you like receiving the weather information, under Run Once you can turn Scheduling to ON. Then click the Clock icon next to it. This opens the Schedule setting panel.
17. Enter how often you want the scenario to run. You can’t use the advanced scheduling option as that’s a paid feature. When you’re done arranging your settings (maybe change it from every 15 minutes since that’s a bit much for a weather report), click OK. You’ll now receive information about the weather at the specified intervals. Later, if you don’t want to receive this information anymore, you can turn Scheduling to OFF.
18. To make your integration run regularly as you’ve scheduled it, you can navigate to SCENARIOS and turn your scenario ON using the sliding switch on the right side of the scenario.
You can use Integromat to put multiple tools together. Say you wanted to grab all your new contacts from new orders from Hubspot or WooCommerce and put them into a Google spreadsheet. You could use an Integromat connection to arrange that, then send you an SMS notification periodically to tell you there are new contacts added. The possibilities are endless, and Integromat offers tons of integration choices.